Bathroom Remodeling in Northern Virginia and Montgomery County, Maryland
by Summit Design Remodeling
Remember when a home had but one bathroom? Those days are long gone. Today, many of us have more bathrooms in our homes than bedrooms or people. Bathrooms take on many forms:
- Master bath with a tub, shower, dual sink vanities
- Secondary baths typically with a tub, toilet, and vanity
- Powder rooms with a sink and toilet
There are no cookie-cutter solutions for bathroom remodels. Talking to a Summit design consultant is critical when considering these bathroom options, Like kitchens, there are many reasons to undertake a bathroom remodel including:
- The existing bathroom may have outlived it usefulness. Like a kitchen, real estate professionals say the useful life of a bathroom is 10 to 12 years.
- The family may have outgrown the capacity of the bathroom.
- It may just be time to give your bathroom a fresh look.
Summit Design Remodeling knows there are many levels of bathroom remodeling including:
- Refresh your existing bathroom. This can be accomplished by installing new vanities and vanity tops, tile, lighting, mirrors, and/or fixtures.
- Renew. Start over with a clean slate in the existing space.
- Expand. Expand the existing bathroom by adding onto your existing house or expanding into an adjacent room.
To remodel a bathroom, most of the work takes place in a small space. Coupled with extensive product knowledge, the choices of fixtures, lighting, tile, cabinetry, glass, etc. are not as daunting with the help of a Summit design consultant. No one size fits all, therefore, the choices homeowners make can range from modest to extravagant and fit their predetermined budget. Just like any other remodeling project, it is imperative to consider your needs and wants. Summit Design Remodeling suggests beginning with the end in mind. How do you want your new bathroom to look and feel? Will there be users that have special needs? Summit Design Remodeling has been there. We have the expertise to cut through the fog and help you make the best decisions for your budget, your wants, and your needs.
Many times remodeling a master bathroom within the confines of the existing space does not allow for modern features such as over sized tubs, separate showers, double sink vanities, a separate toilet area, linen cabinets/closets, etc. Often times, expanding the master bathroom can entail an expansion of the master suite, including the bedroom and closet.
Get started today by contacting a Summit Design Remodeling experienced design consultant. We'll show you how our design process can help you create a bathroom that is both functional and appealing. Call us today at 703-537-0930 or 301-661-0930.
For more remodeling tips and ideas, please visit Summit's blog and read our bathroom articles!